But its important message remains!
National Smile Month has had another great year promoting oral health and dental wellbeing around the country. Just because it’s over for another year that doesn’t mean we’ll stop promoting the need for great oral care and hygiene within the practice though.
We want your smiles to last a lifetime and with regular dental and hygiene appointments we can help make that happen, but we need you to do your part too. After all you take care of your smiles more often than we do here at the Coventry dental practice don’t you?!
With this in mind here are some ‘top tips’ to keep your smiles looking great:
- Clean in between your teeth at least once a day using floss or inter-dental brushes
- Make sure your toothpaste contains fluoride; it helps strengthen tooth enamel making it more resilient to decay
- Change your toothbrush or toothbrush head every two to three months, or sooner if it becomes worn as it will not clean your teeth properly
- If you use a mouthwash don’t use it directly after brushing as you risk rinsing away the fluoride from your toothpaste
- Wait an hour after eating or drinking before brushing your teeth as the enamel could be softened and your risk brushing away tiny particles of it
- Avoid snacking and try to only have sugary foods and drinks at meal times to cut down the amount of times your teeth are under attack